Broadhurst Welcome Home Community Ltd is a local charity which exists to provide help and support to those with serious mental illness in Rushmoor and the surrounding area.
We are delighted to have been nominated by the Mayor of Rushmoor, Councillor Charles Choudhary, as one of the two local charities which he is supporting during his mayoral year (2020-21).
Broadhurst funding is used in three ways:
- Providing medium to long term support for local projects that serve the needs of those with mental illness in the area.
- For many years we have funded Rushmoor Voluntary Services to operate the Broadhurst Community Access Project.
- Until the end of June 2015 we funded Rushmoor CAB (Heathlands) to provide a specialist Mental Health service to Hampshire residents and in October 2015 we agreed to fund Rushmoor CAB to deploy a new Financial Inclusion Worker.
- Since 2012 we have been the majority funder of the Blooming Marvellous gardening project which is run by Rushmoor Voluntary Services.
- In 2015 we began funding The Vine Centre to enhance the provision of its mental health support amongst homeless people in Rushmoor.
- In 2017 we were able to commission The Source to provide a long-term 1-1 anger management programme for vulnerable young parents (aged 19-25).
- Providing a helping hand to individuals with severe mental illness, including those with significant common mental illness but not simply distressed by circumstances.
- Supporting voluntary or 3rd sector organisations working with a group of individuals suffering from serious mental illness to promote recovery.
Following a recent review, we are introducing a separate annual support programme for groups. If you wish to know more, including how and when to apply, please email us asking for information.